canberrabirds

Blitz highlight - and lowlight!

To: 'Rods Gardening' <>, 'Nicki Taws' <>
Subject: Blitz highlight - and lowlight!
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 22:34:35 +0000

While steering our dragon boat yesterday morning I was keeping an eye out for unusual birds for the COG blitz.  I was about to photograph what I am almost certain was a Northern Shoveler when ‘CRUNCH!’, there was a loud noise and a shout which frightened the duck, which flew off.  This was apparently a kayaker who was pedaling too close to the shore and collided with something.  I am sorry I cannot send you a definite report of this rarity.  Perhaps next year.

Frustrated Bird Ticker and Dragon Boater