canberrabirds

Camellias

To: 'Rosemary Blemings' <>, 'Canberra Birds' <>
Subject: Camellias
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 06:03:09 +0000
I also have one, at the back of my carport, which is easily visible from
kitchen window. Been there all the time I have been in this house (since 1985).
It is flowering profusely now and often has. A few days ago I did see a Red
Wattlebirds in it and investigating the flowers. Compared to how many Red
Wattlebirds there are constantly in the vicinity, the interest in the camellias
by them (or any other honeyeater - none I think), could only be described as
minimal.