canberrabirds

Bird Hides

To: cog chatline <>
Subject: Bird Hides
From: Martin Butterfield via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 20:00:38 +0000
There have been a few comments about putting a 2 storey hide at Kellys with a reference made to the wonderful hide at Hasties Swamp, Atherton FNQ.  I have also seen positive general comments about Gum Swamp Nature Reserve near Forbes.  We recently visited the Swamp (some images included in this blogpost) and think that the design of the 2 storey hides there would be excellent for Kelly's.  And the Reserve is now excellent: possibly the best I have visited with very high scores for range of birds, facilities available and artworks (the goanna statue is fantastic).