canberrabirds

FW: Winter flocking in bowerbirds

To: Canberra birds <>
Subject: FW: Winter flocking in bowerbirds
From: Jean Casburn via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 06:38:41 +0000
Yes like Anthony, Jenny Jack Paul Tony etc there are extra Bowerbirds in my
garden (five this morning). I have observed over time that rainy days seem to
suit them or provide an opportunity to mess about in one place. A blue satin
male has been in and out of the garden for some weeks, and green birds hopping
about with interest it appears. Interestingly the wing plumage of one of the
green birds appeared to be much darker in colour than others - but not patchy -
this bird was chased off by a strong looking green bird.

Eastern Spinebills have finally reappeared also.
Jean