canberrabirds

Visit to Artemis Station

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: Visit to Artemis Station
From: Julie Clark via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 09:35:38 +0000
Hi All,

Some months ago I sought advice and information via the chatline regarding a possible visit to Artemis Station in FNQ. I'm really pleased to say that we returned from our 7-day trip a fortnight ago and I just wanted to thank everyone that offered really useful information and advice.

We were very lucky with the weather and the condition of the road was pretty good. Water crossings were all very safe. In case anyone else is interested, we flew into Cairns, hired a 4WD vehicle through 1300 truck hire and drove to Artemis. We spent 2 nights at the Musgrave Roadhouse then 2 nights at Artemis in the single cabins. We visited the Lotusbird Lodge grounds and found the owner, Sue, to be very helpful there.

Accommodation was as described by everyone and we were really impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of all at both Musgrave and Artemis.

We had plenty of sightings of the Golden-shouldered Parrots and I took lots of photos. Sue and Tom were amazing people - interesting, friendly and very humble regarding the work they are doing.

I'd thoroughly recommend a visit for anyone who hasn't already made the trip.

For anyone interested, I have an album of photos on Flickr. They are in random order, but all labelled with location and species.

Cheers,
Julie

--
Julie Clark