canberrabirds

Gum Swamp, Forbes

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Gum Swamp, Forbes
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 04:42:43 +0000

I know that this is technically outside our area of interest, but I also know that many of us regard this superb wetland as part of our extended backyard. Unfortunately the basic infrastructure has always been hyper-minimal and was further deteriorating last time I was there more than two years ago. So I was delighted to pop in last week to find THREE splendid new two-storey hides linked with good quality  all-access tracks covering at least half the perimeter of the swamp, and good interpretive signage. Morever there is some great nature-inspired artwork in the adjacent woodland (not at all detracting from the natural values). Not to mention a small flock of Magpie Geese, which I'd only once seen here before 26 years ago.

To bear in mind next time you're out that way.

--

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. Epictetus.