canberrabirds

How many Gang Gangs can you fit into a tree.

To: 'COG bird list' <>
Subject: How many Gang Gangs can you fit into a tree.
From: Steve Read via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 03:40:34 +0000

Hi all

The largest single eBird record for Gang-gang is for the ACT, namely 75 at Sherwood Forest on 18Mar22: see ebird.org/australia/checklist/S105045176.

As an extension, ebird.org/australia/region/AU?yr=all&m=&rank=hc&hs_sortBy=count&hs_o=desc gives the high counts for all Australian species. There are some interesting recent records, some weird records, and some fascinating historical records on the list.

To give just one humorous example among many of ornithological significance, see ebird.org/checklist/S109175078: this reports 2037 Australian Swiftlets, with the annotation “I gave up counting. A lot more passed by”.

Steve