Not being there, I could only suggest that passing food from father Hobby to daughter
is very feasible or likely, at this time of year.
From: Canberrabirds [
On Behalf Of calyptorhynchus via Canberrabirds
Sent: Sunday, 6 March, 2022 3:01 PM
Subject: [Canberrabirds] Sightings on the north side
Interesting sightings on the northside this afternoon:
On the grassy strip along the south side of Palmerston, north of gundaderra grasslands.
1. Two Brown Quail flushed, several more calling.
2. Female Hobby soliciting from male who passed her prey in the air (interpretation based on size). She then flew off to a tall tree (still feeding young?)
3. On the Old Coach Road near the main gate, an astonishing accumulation of 60+ Choughs in four flocks in close proximity
4. Further on down the Old Coach Road, an immature Pallid Cuckoo
5. At the dam nr the main gate an adult and a juvenile Sacred Kingfisher, the adult fishing and catching fish (but not giving it to the juvenile)