canberrabirds

Blitz weekend

To: Nicki Taws <>
Subject: Blitz weekend
From: sandra henderson via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:33:44 +0000
Great weekend, although perhaps next year won’t volunteer for so many longish walks! I walked 29kms over the two days. Highlights for me :
.seeing the peregrine chick at Red Rocks Gorge
.a couple of Painted Buttonquail at Glendale Depot (one seen, another heard)
.finding some Diuris orchids at Glendale Depot while trying to photograph the single rather shy White-winged Triller - buried in scrub on the ridge near the depot
.Southern Whiteface at Tharwa Sandwash, with large group of Red-browned Finches - not a species I’d seen there before

Sandra H