canberrabirds

Cooleman Ridge Sightings

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Cooleman Ridge Sightings
From: Brian Jones via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 02:05:53 +0000
We have been seeing good numbers of species on our near daily (local) walks on Cooleman Ridge - a loop starting and finishing at Namatjira Drive, around Mt Arawang on the Kambah side, up to Little Reservoir (from the south west) and return on the Chapman side.

Typically we see over 25 species (maximum 33) on a walk and have seen at least 53 species since lockdown started (list below).  This seems much better than I recall for last year.  A number of other people also noted a scarcity of birds last year, so I hope our experience is an indication of  better conditions more generally.

Brian and Jill

Cooleman Ridge Bird Sightings

August-September 2021

Diamond Firetail

Flame Robin

Whistler – Golden and Rufous

Rosella – Eastern and Crimson

Red-rumped Parrot

King Parrot

Rainbow Lorikeet

Noisy Friarbird

Red Wattlebird

Noisy Miner

Honeyeater – White-naped, Yellow-faced, White-eared and Fuscous

Thornbill – Yellow-rumped, Buff-rumped and Brown

Weebill

Eastern Spinebill

European Goldfinch

Double-barred Finch