canberrabirds

Nesting box for crimson Rosellas

To: 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Nesting box for crimson Rosellas
From: "David McDonald (Personal)" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 05:16:48 +0000

Hi Fleur, for plans please visit https://nestboxtales.com/bushfire-zone-nest-box-design-and-species-list-booklets/

To purchase, I recommend https://www.nestingboxes.com.au/ and https://www.hollowloghomes.com.au/

David

From: Canberrabirds <> On Behalf Of Fleur Leary via Canberrabirds
Sent: Saturday, 11 September 2021 12:15 PM
Subject: [Canberrabirds] Nesting box for crimson Rosellas

Does anyone have or know where I can get a nesting box suitable for crimson Rosellas?

Over the last few weeks a pair of Rosellas has been investigating air vents on the wall of my neighbours house in Crace. They managed to break off the plastic vent cover of one vent hole and decided this was a good place to start a nest. My neighbour didn't think so, so he covered the hole to stop them getting in. The Rosellas still tried to get in but couldn't. After a few days of not seeing them, the Rosella pair have returned and have now turned their attention to the other vent hole.

I thought if I set up a nesting box for them nearby, they might give up on trying to nest in the wall.....

Fleur