canberrabirds

White-winged Choughs at Kippax Fair

To: 'Chris Davey' <>, 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: White-winged Choughs at Kippax Fair
From: Alison <>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:20:42 +0000

Hi Chris,

I also saw the choughs there yesterday afternoon on my home from a vet appointment. They were on the pathway at the back of the Kippax shops, and seeing me and my three small dogs approaching (one barking at them despite being on a lead) they quickly flew up into the trees so I didn’t see the injured wings.

However, there has been a family near the Kingsford-Smith school for several months now (perhaps even 12 months) so I presume these are the same family moving closer to the shopping centre. Didn’t have my camera for a photo.

Alison