canberrabirds

Yellow-faced Honeyeaters

To: COG bird list <>
Subject: Yellow-faced Honeyeaters
From: Dr David Rosalky <>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 09:45:28 +0000

A flowering ironbark near my house is always full of squabbling Red Wattlebirds during its long flowering season.

Today as I walked past, I heard a familiar but surprising call of YFHEs.  My estimate is that there were about 25 of them throughout the tree.  I thought I caught a glimpse of a White-naped HE but could not verify that suggested sighting.

The birds dispersed in small groups.  There was no flock migration.  Generally the ones I saw dispersing headed NE but I suspect just to their next foraging site.

David