canberrabirds

Is anyone else hearing Pacific Koels yet?

To: 'Rob Geraghty' <>, 'Philip Veerman' <>
Subject: Is anyone else hearing Pacific Koels yet?
From: Rodney & Deborah Ralph <>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 05:44:07 +0000

Thanks to you all for your interesting information. Yes, we all know why the Starlings were brought over here as they do have interesting songs and mimics. Of course one of the best birds at mimicry is the Superb Lyrebird and then there are Parrots they go way above and beyond. Did not realize how many different birds mimicked other birds so has been interesting. So many of the birds have so many different calls of their own and then on top of that they mimic others, wonder what some of the original calls way back started off like and how they have evolved over time to be so different. Is also interesting how the same species can sound different in other areas and other parts of the world, that would also have to do with what other noises they have around them.

Thanks all is interesting to hear the comments and keep learning …… more oops just distracted then by a couple of Red Wattlebirds outside the window chasing each other all gone in a split second.

Cheers,

Deb & Rod