canberrabirds

Unfortunate sighting

To: calyptorhynchus <>
Subject: Unfortunate sighting
From: Martin Butterfield via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 06:26:06 +0000
Rod
Did you put a stable door over the pot?

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 14:58, calyptorhynchus via Canberrabirds <> wrote:
It is astonishing how birds find ponds. When I was growing up in the UK my father and I built a little backyard pond to function as a frog sanctuary. This worked quite well for one season and we had frogs and frog spawn in the pond. Then the next spring I walked up the garden and disturbed a Grey Heron from the pond, and we had no more frogs after that.