canberrabirds

Kestrels

To: "" <>
Subject: Kestrels
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 04:59:35 +0000

On Monday this week I was out near Lake Cargelligo and most of the raptor species I saw were either catching or eating mice - Black-shouldered Kite, Spotted and Swamp Harriers, Whistling Kite, Brown Goshawks, Nankeen Kestrels and Brown Falcon. The only exception were a couple of Black Kites that just sat in the trees probably with a tummy full of mice. At "Chat Alley" both species of harriers and a Brown Falcon were also trying very hard to catch one of the many White-fronted Chats  that were present.

Mark