canberrabirds

Superb parrots and Scarlet robin

To: 'mariko buszynski' <>
Subject: Superb parrots and Scarlet robin
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 07:37:16 +0000

Mariko,

I suggest the calls of Superb Parrots and Rainbow Lorikeets are really very different. Maybe check out xeno-canto (or other websites), check out books too. Describing the calls of Superb Parrots is rather difficult (but unlike lorikeets they don’t screech). Rainbow Lorikeets have many calls. No reason why you wouldn’t be hearing and / or seeing both species nearby. Your story is quite sensible if the Superb Parrots were quiet and the Rainbow Lorikeet(s) were not quiet. This situation is hardly unusual.

Philip