canberrabirds

Swift and Superb Parrots and Lyrebird of Kambah

To: "" <>
Subject: Swift and Superb Parrots and Lyrebird of Kambah
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 06:48:17 +0000

Today on my first try just before 3 pm. 3 Swift Parrots feeding close together in small tree near the Hungry Jacks drive through pick up spot, almost over Drakeford Drive. I went to the silt trap where I didn’t find any more but just one Superb Parrot. Then I returned and as I was looking for the 3 Swift Parrots, 9 flew out of the tree, heading towards Athllon Drive.

Then I went to Kambah Pool track where I am stretching the truth of the header by calling it Kambah but Superb Lyrebirds (or at least one) are singing there again. Heard from the other side of the river, from between the first 2 little bridges. This is closer to the car park start point than I usually encounter them. I did not go any further as it was time to go home.