canberrabirds

Swift Parrots cf Brown Treecreepers

To: "" <>
Subject: Swift Parrots cf Brown Treecreepers
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 06:28:45 +0000

Following these Swift Parrots over the past week (more than I have ever encountered these birds previously). It seems to me that some of their calls are very much like those of Brown Treecreepers. I don’t recall that I have put Brown Treecreepers on any records, based on just calls, in a place or day that I have not also seen them. But there have been times when I believe I have heard Brown Treecreepers and not seen them where I thought the sound was coming from and so I wonder if I was actually hearing Swift Parrots, which would not have been in my thoughts. Given how hard it can be to see Swift Parrots, just a question I now have.