canberrabirds

Seeking advice

To: "" <>
Subject: Seeking advice
From: Con <>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 09:51:50 +0000

Hi Julie

There is a recent record by Jean Casburn of a Scarlet Robin at Bluett's Block.

kind regards

Con

On 3/10/2021 3:35 PM, Graham Gall wrote:
Julie definitely in the ANU I saw heaps there last Saturday. Robins this time of year - more difficult- possibly Campbell Park? Might be quicker and easier than Mulligans and there’s bound to be other species there anyway
Graham

Sent from my iPhone

Hi All,

I have a couple of interstate birdo friends visiting in a couple of weeks and they will only be here for one day. The pressure is on for me to produce photo opportunities of several species and I think I'm going to need help!

The main two are : Gang Gangs and Scarlet Robins.

While I've heard and seen Gang Gangs recently I haven't got anywhere close to a photo and I must admit I probably haven't done much walking where I'd usually find the robins.

If anyone can suggest a spot where Gang Gangs are currently feeding that would be really helpful. Also, does anyone know if they are still being fed at the ANU? I haven't been there for several years.

As to the Scarlet Robins, I will check out Mulligan's (saw some there a month ago, but it's a big place ...), but if anyone knows anywhere else that is not too far away and won't take more than a couple of hours to find, I'd be very grateful for the information.

Thanking you in advance for any information ....

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark

Emails posted to the list that exceed 2 MB (2,000 kB) in size, including attachments, will be rejected.
All emails distributed via the list are archived at http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds. It is a condition of list membership that you agree to your contributions being archived.

Canberrabirds mailing list
m("lists.canberrabirds.org.au","Canberrabirds");">
https://lists.canberrabirds.org.au/mailman/listinfo/canberrabirds