canberrabirds

Mallacoota event

To: cog chatline <>
Subject: Mallacoota event
From: Martin Butterfield via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 19:57:53 +0000
While out of area, in view of the pending COG outing I think this is a justified post.  We have just had a Big Birders Weekend in Mallacoota with about 40 participants.  Here is a post I have just put on the Mallacoota Birds Facebook post.

In case people don't get alerted to comments etc I will record that the total number of taxa observed on the Big Weekend is now 149, of which only 3 are spuhs.
So, in 4 days, at a 'quiet' time of year, we have recorded 45% of the taxa ever recorded on eBird in the District. Looking just at 'good species' we have recorded 49% of the species ever listed for the District on Birdata (which covers a much longer period than eBird).
The crashing sound you may have heard was my jaw hitting my desk.