canberrabirds

Walk for younger birders

To: 'Brittany Brockett' <>, 'COG chatline' <>
Subject: Walk for younger birders
From: Lia Battisson <>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 03:38:55 +0000

Great initiative Brittany!

From: Canberrabirds On Behalf Of Brittany Brockett via Canberrabirds
Sent: 25 February 2021 9:33 AM
To: COG chatline <>
Subject: [Canberrabirds] Walk for younger birders

Hello fellow birders,

You may not know me very well yet, but I'm a member of the COG Committee and I'm keen on getting some of our younger members together to develop their love/knowledge of birds.

On the 13th of March I'm going for a walk with a couple of 12yo's and their parents at the Jerrabomberra Wetlands. The aim of this walk is to meet each other and get a sense of where we all are in our bird knowledge. I'll also be asking what other young-birder focused activities people may be interested in.

If there are any other parents and young birders that are keen to join us (to develop a network of awesome young ornithologists!) or if you would like some more information, please get in touch with me.

Until then, happy birding!

Brittany

--

Brittany Brockett

PhD Candidate  | Fenner School of Environment and Society | ANU

Ph: (+61) 0400967496  |  Twitter   |  LinkedIn

I acknowledge and respect the Ngunnawal people as the Traditional Owners of the land and waterways on which I live and work.