canberrabirds

Blitz update regarding the weather

To: 'Nicki Taws' <>, 'Canberra Birds' <>
Subject: Blitz update regarding the weather
From: Nicki Taws <>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 11:17:59 +0000

Hello Blitzers

What lovely weather we have had this week! Alas, it shall not continue. The forecast for Saturday is for up to 45mm, more in the mountains, thunderstorms etc.

We have been in discussion with the rangers in various parks and reserves and  they would very much prefer that there is no unnecessary vehicle traffic on unsealed roads this weekend, and probably well into next week. This is for reasons of safety and of preventing damage to the roads.

So we (the royal we) have made the decision that we will extend the blitz to at least next weekend to allow those areas of the ACT that can’t be accessed by sealed road this weekend to still be surveyed and included in the blitz. We may have to wait even beyond next weekend for roads to dry out sufficiently.

If you can access your chosen site/s safely and on sealed roads, you can still do it this weekend, although Saturday is not looking like a very good day to venture out.

If you are one of those people who can’t access your site this weekend, feel free to do a blitz survey closer to town, even if the site has already got someone else’s name against it.

Please take care, don’t do what you can’t do safely. I’ll keep you updated over the weekend.

(Most of you will get this message twice, aplogies but I didn’t want to rely just on canberrabirds emails).

Cheers

Nicki Taws

0408 210736