canberrabirds

headless hawk

To: 'canberra birds' <>
Subject: headless hawk
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 09:31:23 +0000

Interesting, I asked that question a few years ago of Jerry Olsen I think, because you rarely see the 2 species nearby. I think he said the sparrowhawks go away. A few years ago both were nesting fairly close at ANBG. That should have been written up in CBN. I got to see the sparrowhawks but not the goshawks.