canberrabirds

Red Wattlebirds

To: John Layton <>
Subject: Red Wattlebirds
From: Terry Munro <>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 05:19:31 +0000
They have even joined the Magpies at our place for a small helping of mince meat.
Terry Munro

On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 11:55 AM, John Layton <> wrote:

During the past three weeks four Red Wattlebirds have become regular visitors to our back yard. At first I thought they were migrants of passage but we notice them every couple of days as they enact what has become a fairly set routine of cavorting about on the clothes hoist then descending and hopping around on the ground before disappearing into a neighbour’s yard. So this morning I looked over the fence to see what they were doing and watched them feasting on bread strewn about by the resident children. I didn’t realise these large honeyeaters had a liking for farinaceous food.

John Layton

Holt.