canberrabirds

Golden Whistlers in Emu Ridge

To: 'Kevin and Gwenyth' <>, 'COG Chatline' <>
Subject: Golden Whistlers in Emu Ridge
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 12:22:24 +0000

Well I wonder. Is it actually likely that a call as simple as “seep” and our ability to identify it as such, would be different between sub species? I suggest not likely. Maybe the Morcombe ... app recorded it from this form but that may not mean he was suggesting it to be restricted to them. As I read The Australian Bird Guide (Menkhorst et al2017 edition, it mentions this “seep” call but does not specify it to just one subspecies.

Their presence in a Canberra garden at this time of year is nice. Pleasant, I suppose, maybe a bit ho-hum…..

Philip