canberrabirds

Oriole mimicking

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Oriole mimicking
From: Robert Parnell <>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 12:39:35 +0000
Hi Philip

I had a similar experience this afternoon. The bird was in a large plane tree and I couldn't find it for quite some time. I thought at first it was a Common Myna by the chirring. It imitated an Eastern Rosella a couple of times as well as giving it's own call. I watched it preen itself and then went in side and got a camera. I took a few photos and put it on Canberra Nature Map.
I had been hearing the bird call a few times over the last few days.
Rob
Narrabundah