canberrabirds

Sydney day trip

To: 'COG Chatline' <>
Subject: Sydney day trip
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 07:10:11 +0000

I had to go to Sydney today. Not for birding…….

Viewed one Black Kite at about 8 a.m. this morning above the Federal Highway about 5 km south of the junction with Hume Highway. Not particularly expected a cold time. A Whistling Kite just a bit further though that is expected. Interestingly also, 2 Peregrine Falcons, one just on outskirts of Sydney the other about 80 km out from Sydney on the way back. Lake George looks rather pretty, not a lake but a huge expanse of puddles among green grass. The wind turbines at the farm spinning at speed. Only birds seen at Lake George were a big flock of Straw-necked Ibis (plus the usual Ravens etc and a few ducks). (I was travelling.)