canberrabirds

Is the Yellow-faced Honeyeater Migration season over already?

To: "" <>, 'COG Chat' <>
Subject: Is the Yellow-faced Honeyeater Migration season over already?
From: "Hawkins, Brian" <>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 00:48:18 +0000
Further to Jean’a observations near Mt Taylor, I was on Oaky Hill at about 10 this morning and counted over 300 YFHEs in about 15 minutes, coming roughly from Weston and heading roughly towards Woden. There were also small numbers of WNHE detectable by call but not visible in the large numbers of YFHEs passing over.  Such a great spectacle!

Best regards,

Brian