canberrabirds

Leaden/Satin Flycatchers

To: "" <>, 'COG Chat' <>
Subject: Leaden/Satin Flycatchers
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 06:34:38 +0000

Maybe reasonable to suggest that any ID to species of an isolated immature of these 2 be regarded as not possible to know which it is. Hard to prove anyway unless you have been watching them since leaving the nest. If it is with an adult it may help (and even then proximity is not always proof unless the adult is clearly a parent). By now immatures should be independent. So is there a method of keeping count of unknown either option as they pass through?

Philip