canberrabirds

Late evening visitor

To: Robin Hide <>
Subject: Late evening visitor
From: Denise Kay <>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 19:59:43 +0000
a lot of the flying foxes coming out of commonwealth park are juveniles and quite small we ( ACT Wildlife ) are getting ones caught in fruit netting as light as 125-200 grams ( orphans from the hail storm probably ), they are not as agile as the adults so they would probably be a convenient food source for raptors . Currawongs will attack them right up until the last light.
The colony in CP is half last years numbers