canberrabirds

More needletails!

To: "" <>
Subject: More needletails!
From: Matthew Larkin <>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 11:07:39 +0000
While driving along Bullock Paddock Road yesterday around 9.40am yesterday, I
saw a White-throated Needletail fly by! I pulled over and saw a group of 4
Needletails, and a couple of Welcome Swallows, cruising around with no
noticeable haste nor specific direction of travel. I then noticed a larger
group of Needletails (around 20 birds) considerably higher, but also in no
particular rush and, it seemed, no particular place to go. The group gradually
dispersed over the next five minutes.

The weather was sunny and calm - rather different to the usual pre-storm or
pre-weather-change conditions I’ve usually associated with these birds in the
past! (Google Earth lat/long is approx 35.3 S 149 E)

Matthew

Sent from my iPad