canberrabirds

COG Burrendong Trip 22-26 Jun

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: COG Burrendong Trip 22-26 Jun
From: Ryu Callaway <>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 23:11:36 +0000
I am currently seeking interest for the Lake Burrendong Trip. The trip will take place from Mon 22 Jun - Fri 26 Jun (4 nights), with group activities for Tue, Wed, and Thurs.

Accomodation will be at Reflections Holiday Park on the lake foreshores.
Only 3 large cabins (accomodating up to 6-7 people each) are available, along with powered/unpowered sites.

If you wish to stay in the cabins, please let me know ASAP so I can sort out potential sleeping arrangements and secure the nessesary number of cabins.
Final cost per person for the 4 nights for those that choose to stay in the cabins should be a very reasonable $120-180 (based on 5 people per cabin - this could vary slightly depending on final sharing arrangements).

If you prefer to camp or bring along your own caravan, you are welcome to book your own powered/unpowered sites (currently $132/$92 for 2 persons for the 4 nights). Let me know you intend to do so.

Monday and Friday will be left free for people to do their own thing or travel to/from Canberra (5 hours / 370km drive). On Tue-Thu, the program will include birding around the lake and the adjoining arboretum / botanic gardens both of which offer great birding, and some exploration of Wellington's surrounds based on their bird trails brochure. A staff member of Local Land Services NSW will also be organising a breakfast/walk/talk on endangered birds to coincide with our visit.

Resources:
ebird Lake Burrendong State Park (around our accomodation): https://ebird.org/australia/hotspot/L3797695
ebird LB Arboretum/Bot Gardens (opposite entrance to our accomodation): https://ebird.org/australia/hotspot/L2537693

Ryu