canberrabirds

Upgrade to eBird NSW filters

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Upgrade to eBird NSW filters
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 23:56:27 +0000
Roger Giller, one of the eBird reviewers who looks after the area of NSW around the ACT, has posted the following to the eBird Facebook page:
quote
eBird Australia are currently switching to a new set of Data Quality Filters in NSW. These are based on the LGA/County regions and are generally smaller than the existing filters. Much of the work is being done behind the scenes. Those of you who subscribe to the NSW Rare Bird Alerts will probably notice an increase in reports. Please ignore them. We will let you know when things are back to normal, hopefully within a day or two.
unquote

This is great news - a big job for the eBird managers from which we will benefit a lot by having filters that are specific to our local LGAs, rather than covering the large IBRA areas as now: https://www.environment.gov.au/land/nrs/science/ibra

For info - David
--
David McDonald
1004 Norton Road