canberrabirds

Guthega trip 10 to 14 February - 3 places available .

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: Guthega trip 10 to 14 February - 3 places available .
From: Jean Casburn <>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 00:18:57 +0000

If you would like to come on this trip, there are now 3 places available. First preference will be given to males as the group is predominantly female.

Please see Kosciusko National Park website for information about current status and walk information.

Snowy Mountains birding - Guthega - Monday 10 to Thursday 14 February 2020

 This trip will probably include Pallaibo walk from Sawpit Creek (about 6 km) down to the Snowy River, and the Cascades walk at Sawpit Creek ( 6 km).  Apart from beautiful scenery, mountain flowers and cool weather, we should find Lyrebird, Honeyeaters, Robins, Thornbills,  Parrots and Flycatchers to name a few.

 You will need to take all your food for 4 days as no shops are available in Guthega. We will have a shared dinner each night and happy hour.  With three others you will cater for dinner and nibbles on one of the four nights.  Brindabella is a co-operative club, so a tidy up will be required. Car pooling is recommended as park fees apply.

 Bookings for 3  participants will be accepted as soon as possible (Brindabella Ski Club).  To gain a place please contact Jean Casburn by email stating date of birth if not adult. (m("bigpond.com","casburnj");" target="_blank">).  When your booking is received payment will be required shortly after. The cost for an adult over 4 nights is $86.00.  Final details will be provided on acceptance and payment.

Jean