canberrabirds

Juvenile Koel saga part 2

To: 'John Harris' <>, 'chatline' <>
Subject: Juvenile Koel saga part 2
From: Suzanne EDGAR <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 03:53:06 +0000

Please describe appearance of this bird; y’day a possible juv koel came close my kitchen window; having never seen one before I am doubtful re its identity; it was c. the size of an eastern rosella but cocoa-coloured with darker splotches/smudges unevenly `applied’ . It was in the shadows inside  the loquat tree that it was moving through [a feeding area for other familiar garden birds] so not clearly showing itself to the `viewer’, me.

Can anyone help?

Sue Edgar