canberrabirds

hailstorm after efffecs

To: "" <>
Subject: hailstorm after efffecs
From: Martin Gascoigne <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 00:48:35 +0000
One noticeable absence from my garden in Stokes Street Griffith is the absence of the satin bowerbirds - we normally  hear/see five or six each morning (male, female, juvenile - though I am a novice at recognition) - and on visits during te day to the water dish  I have for them (an others). But at least  three crimson rosellas  are still visiting, and there are blue wrens passing through.

With considerable loss of fruit on my hawthorn and crab apples,  which attract many birds in autumn, I see a rather bleak  season ahead for them .

Martin Gascoigne