canberrabirds

Latest Snipe plans update

Subject: Latest Snipe plans update
From: Lori Gould <>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 06:25:52 +0000

Hi All,

We are going ahead and setting up nets tonight in Kelly’s Swamp. We counted 13 birds there yesterday afternoon, concentrated in the reeds in front of Cygnus Hide.

Dinner at 7pm and set up after 8.30pm.

Tomorrow meet at 4.50am at the Wetlands Offices (2 Dairy Road) to help flush snipe into nets then process birds depending on how many we catch.

At 10am we are taking our Japanese Friends to the Trust Head Office in Forde for a Spider Show with Andrew (start time around 10am depending on when we finish processing any birds).

We are then having lunch at Frankies at Forde and going around Canberra to see the Arboretum, Black Mountain and anywhere else we can see (smoke allowing). All the reserves are closed.

We plan to catch again on Wednesday night / Thursday morning (probably over at the paleo-channels) followed by a trip to the Zoo and Aquarium to hopefully see some native animals (since the reserves are shut). Dinner is on Thursday night at the Star Buffet in Kambah at 6pm (not the Wetlands as previously thought).

Friday is a trip to Questacon and maybe a shopping mall or the pool (depending on conditions).

Saturday morning is yet to be worked out but they fly out at 4pm.

The only major change to the plan, is the dinner on Thursday night which will now be at the Star Buffet in Kambah at 6.30pm. Please RSVP. This was because they are spending Tues and Wed nights at the Wetlands for dinner already and we want to do something different.

All are welcome to any or all of the above – just let me know if you haven’t already.

Cheers Lori

Lori Gould

Program Manager

Woodlands and Wetlands Trust (Jerrabomberra Wetlands)

M: 0439 030 058

PO Box 58 Fyshwick ACT 2609

www.woodlandsandwetlands.org.au