canberrabirds

Royal Flycatcher and its odd behaviour on being handled.

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Royal Flycatcher and its odd behaviour on being handled.
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 23:36:35 +0000

I have come across some video clips of this quite spectacular little bird (in Peru) with an amazing crest but what is odd is the way it responds to being handled. I have never seen any bird behave like this - in my modest experience seeing birds handled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqXiAKQ6Al0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhYkTcDA0kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dYd-Ra8bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6qfUdL1e8