canberrabirds

Fwd: Where Song Began CD Release

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Fwd: Where Song Began CD Release
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 20:42:01 +0000
Subject: Where Song Began CD Release
Date: 2019-12-05 23:50
From: Bowerbird Collective <>

Dear Canberra Birders,

Anthony Albrecht and Simone Slattery here, from Where Song Began. We wanted to let you know about the release of our CD, and hoped you might be willing to share the news with your mailing list. 5% of profits will go to Birdlife Australia.

We were so grateful for your support in performing our live show and hope to be back with a new production in 2020 or beyond.

Wishing you a safe and happy summer,
Anthony and Simone

Where Song Began - CD Release
Violin and Vocals | Simone Slattery
Cello | Anthony Albrecht
Nature Recordings | Andrew Skeoch, Sue Gould, Ann Jones
Cover Artwork | David Lancashire

Available for purchase via:
www.wheresongbegan.com/cdcheckout

Inspired by leading ornithologist Tim Low's award-winning book, this CD explores the Australian origins of song, 'the birds that can sing'. Such is their evolutionary significance, 'one may ask whether human music would have reached the heights it has, had the first songbird not sung in an Australian rainforest.'

This disc encourages listeners to contemplate the origin of song and the importance of Australia's rich and colourful bird history. The program includes music spanning 300 years, from Johann Heinrich Schmelzer and J.S. Bach to Arvo Pärt and new Australian works. The live version of Where Song Began has been performed over 50 times around regional Australia, and includes a film of evocative visual projections and an immersive soundscape.

Recorded at Newcastle Conservatorium, Harold Lobb Concert Hall, May 2019
Produced by Anthony Albrecht, Simone Slattery
Recorded by Patrick Mullens, Llew Kiek
Additional Production by Llew Kiek
Edited by Anthony Albrecht, Simone Slattery, Llew Kiek
Mixed by Chris Doherty at TAFE NSW, Newcastle Campus, September 2019
Editing and Mixing Assisted by Colin Wright
Mastered by Andrew Edgson at Studio 301, October 2019
CD Design and Artwork by TCL, Bowerbird Collective, David Lancashire, Muneer Al Shanti

CD Online Cover (3000x3000).jpg