canberrabirds

Ranger from Jerrabomberra Wetlands [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "" <>
Subject: Ranger from Jerrabomberra Wetlands [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Fokker, Miriam" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 03:10:07 +0000

Hi,

I would like to formally introduce myself as the new ranger at Jerrabomberra Wetlands. I have already met some of you. If I have not yet bumped into you at the wetlands, I look forward to meeting you in the future.  I have had a very busy few months settling in with training and conferences. Hopefully I will be around more over the summer and get a chance to take the time to get to know the birds and the bird watchers (depending on the fire season).

I also want to update you on the Snipe catch last weekend. We had caught three Latham Snipe on the northern end of Kelly’s swamp. We were unlucky at the Billabong. Unfortunately we had to let the snipe go without a tracking device as they were under weight.  Our next Snipe catch is the week from the 7th January to the 10th January with the Japanese researchers.  We would love your help as the eyes of the wetlands! If you see Latham Snipe at the wetlands over the next month do let us know so we know where our best chances are to catch them in January.

Thanks

Miriam

Miriam Fokker | Senior Ranger

Jerrabomberra Wetlands

ACT Parks and Conservation Service

Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate | ACT Government

ph: 6207 5477 | mobile: 0428 113 533 | fax: 02 6207 2093 | email: m("act.gov.au","clare.mcinnes");">

Athllon Depot Cnr Athllon and Sulwood Dr FARRER | GPO Box 158 Canberra ACT 2601 | www.act.gov.au

ACT GOV PCS COMBO for email signature