canberrabirds

Green Cape 2020

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Green Cape 2020
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:05:57 +0000
Dear members

I am resending the details (see below) of COG's Green Cape trip for Oct 2020.   Although the trip is 11 months away, COG had to pay the total cost at the time of booking last month, so I am keen to finalise numbers asap. This is a popular trip so, if you book now but have to cancel later, we should have no trouble finding someone to take your place, in which case you would get a full refund.  Bookings by 30 Nov, please.

Regards
Sue Lashko
Field trips organiser

  1. Green Cape - Tues 20 to Sat 24 October.  It seems likely that the lighthouse cottages at Green Cape in Ben Boyd NP near Eden will no longer be available for individuals or groups to hire after 2020 as they are likely to be taken over by a commercial operator as part of a 3 day walk/"glamping" enterprise.  As a result, COG has booked the cottages for one last time, for 4 nights at a cost of $326 per person.  Priority will be given to members who have NOT participated in a COG trip to Green Cape in the past.  If you are interested in attending, please contact me by 30 November.  Once numbers are confirmed, a 50% deposit will be required.  For details of the site, see  https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/accommodation/green-cape-lightstation-keepers-cottage