canberrabirds

Guthega Field Trip 10 to 15 February 2020.

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: Guthega Field Trip 10 to 15 February 2020.
From: Jean Casburn <>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 06:35:36 +0000

Dear members

Since advance notice (below) was posted of this trip to Guthega, places have filled quickly.  There is one place left.  If one person would like to come please contact me as soon as possible.

  1. Snowy Mountains birding - Guthega - Monday 10 to Friday 15 February 2020

This trip will probably include a walk from Sawpit Creek down to the Snowy River and the Cascades walk at Sawpit Creek.  Apart from beautiful scenery, mountain flowers and cool weather, we should find lyrebird, honeyeaters, robins, thornbills,  parrots and flycatchers to name a few.  Please note also that the walk down to the Snowy River requires a reasonable level of fitness.

 You will need to take all your food for 4 days as no shops are available in Guthega. We will have a shared dinner each night and happy hour.  With three others you will cater for dinner and nibbles on one of the four nights. This is a co-operative club, so a tidy up will be required before we leave.

 Bookings for 12 participants will be accepted as soon as possible in order to confirm a booking made for Kyilla Lodge in Guthega. (Brindabella Ski Club).  To gain a place please contact Jean Casburn by email (m("bigpond.com","casburnj");" target="_blank">).  When 12 bookings are received payment will be required by 30 November.  The cost for an adult over 4 nights is $86.00.

Jean Casburn