canberrabirds

FW: reminder snipe count this Saturday 16th

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: reminder snipe count this Saturday 16th
From: Lori Gould <>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:16:58 +0000

For anyone who isn’t already on Birgita’s email list….

Subject: reminder snipe count this Saturday 16th

Hi all

Just a quick reminder about the count this weekend. I understand a few people are away. I’m anxious not to let our long-term sites get dropped as we are starting to build a solid time series for our snipe counts, and soon we should be able to start looking at trends across our key sites and regions. So please, if you can’t get out or are going to be away, see if you can find someone to fill in.

And of course this count is especially interesting due to (a) the high numbers in SE aus in Sept, and (b) the incredible hot and dry conditions in NSW and QLD.

I understand that some of the NSW teams will have more important matters on their minds, with the severe fires burning everywhere. Anything you can do to help with counts will be greatly appreciated, especially given the challenging situation that some may be facing from fire risk. I hope that none of you have been caught up in this personally.

Thanks everyone

Birgita

Dr Birgita Hansen

Research Fellow

Centre for eResearch and Digital Innovation

Federation University Australia | Mount Helen | Suite 15 | Greenhill Enterprise Centre

PO Box 691 Ballarat Vic 3353

Treasurer

Australasian Wader Studies Group

Telephone +61 3 5327 9952 | Mobile 0428 591 810

www.cerdi.edu.au

www.waterbugblitz.org.au/

www.lathamssnipeproject.wordpress.com

www.awsg.org.au