canberrabirds

Koel

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Koel
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 01:21:34 +0000
The section on Banding in HANZAB reports 12 recoveries (7.4% of banded birds) , of which 10 were less than 10km from the banding site.  Since banders tend to have a fair degree of site fidelity, assuming that the recoveries are in different years, that would suggest to me that there is a fair chance the recovered birds at least are within the same broad area from year to year.