canberrabirds

Triller

To: Harvey Perkins <>
Subject: Triller
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 05:24:02 +0000
The Rufous Whistler was in full voice, in a tree near the dunnie, yesterday as well.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 15:49, Harvey Perkins <> wrote:
The Glebe Park triller has been singing lustily all this week so far - easily heard even from the Target rooftop parking. This morning when I went looking for it, I also heard a (presumed) female alternating calls, much less strident, with the male.
Also of interest to me, as something not really expected there, was a male Rufous Whistler. Made me wonder if the very dry conditions in the local woodlands are forcing some birds into more urban locations.