canberrabirds

Seasonal Canberra

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: Seasonal Canberra
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 01:09:46 +0000

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for that. Yes sure, I know you have probably done the most describing of Koel calls to us, of anyone. The use of complaint call is evocative of your intent….. Just my opinion and to allow a functional description, I suggest that “excitement call” seems more likely to be a suitable name (if needed) than “complaint call”. It can be assumed correct to cater for its many possible uses. At least as far as our hearing permits, as in there may be nuances that we can’t detect.

Philip