canberrabirds

Fairy Martins Nesting in Wombat hole is this normal

To: "" <>
Subject: Fairy Martins Nesting in Wombat hole is this normal
From: kym bradley <>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 08:21:07 +0000
Today I was watching the group of fairy martins wondering what they were all doing as it appeared there may have been a goanna or similar ( as earlier in the day the eastern yellow robins alerted me to one )

Went for a look and low and behold nest in another wombat hole I have never seen them nest in this type of area always concrete tubes etc