canberrabirds

Re: Northern Shoveler?

To: COG List <>
Subject: Re: Northern Shoveler?
From: Rhiannon Kiggins <>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 08:55:58 +0000
Thanks to all those who responded rearding the Northern Shoveler. I visited JW between 4-5 pm today but with no luck. I searched from each hide and while there were quite a few of our own shovelers at Cygnus, I couldn't see him. The sun was getting low and while there were more birds on the far side, there was quite a bit of glare on the water.

On the upside, I did see four Latham Snipe outside the middle hide including one with an orange-looking band on the right leg. Not sure if this has already been reported but a nice find anyway.

If anyone locates him again in the ACT please let me know.

Cheers,
Rhiannon