canberrabirds

BIRD PUBLICATIONS - STOCKTAKE SALE

To: "" <>
Subject: BIRD PUBLICATIONS - STOCKTAKE SALE
From: "" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 04:32:47 +0000

COG provides a service to members by suppling publications, related to nature and in particular birds, for sale. Our intention isn’t to make a profit but to cover our costs in providing the service. This allows us to pass on discounts to members. We do try not to hold too much stock, so with the stocktake this year a number of publications that have not sold, or are about to be superseded with revised editions, are for sale at below cost price.

The Australian Bird Guide

Peter Menkhorst, Danny Rogers, Rohan Clarke, Jeff Davies, Peter Marsack, Kim Franklin

An updated edition is about to be published. As far as we know the updated version has a new index, a few sub-species range and description updates, possibly additional vagrants added and typos and errors corrected. So the original edition is still a useful book at this price.
RRP $50. Sale Price to members’ $25

Creative Bird Photography

Bill Coster

An inspirational guide to bird photography that is packed with practical advice presented in author Bill Coster's informative but accessible writing style.

RRP $30. Sale Price to members’ $15

The complete guide to finding the birds of Australia

Thomas and Thomas

One of the original guides for where to find birds in Australia. Revised in 2011.

RRP $50. Sale Price to members’ $10

The Woodhen: A flightless island bird defying extinction

Clifford Frith

A good news story. The story of the success in saving the Lord Howe woodhen.

RRP $50. Sale Price to members’ $10

Children’s books

Spinifex Mouse

Written and illustrated by Norma MacDonald

This book is one for the grandkids. It’s a heart-warming tale of Cheeky, a spinifex hopping mouse, who lives in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Beautifully illustrated

RRP $18. Sale Price to members’ $10

Shy the platypus

Leslie Rees

This exciting story of the life of a young platypus describes her growing up and experiencing encounters with humans, other platypuses and different animals.

RRP $15. Sale Price to members’ $10

Limited numbers available so get in quick!

Contact me if you are interested in any publications.

Books can be picked up at the COG meeting on 10 July.

Kathy Walter

COG publication sales